Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How do I report a crime ?
    To report crimes on campus call 843-208-8911(Bluffton) 843-812-8186 (Beaufort), and 843-208-4911 (Hilton Head Island). 
  2. Where do I get a parking decal?
    Students and Faculity may obtain a USCB Parking Decal by using the link  “Parking Decal Request” on the USCB website.  

    You will be asked to complete a short Parking Registration Form to ensure that you can be reached in case of an emergency.  You will need the following information:

    •  Driver’s License
    •  Make, Model, and Color of vehicle
    •  Tag number

  3. Where do I pay my parking ticket?
    Parking tickets are paid in the Business Office at the Beaufort Campus or the Bluffton Campus.  Payments (Do Not Mail Cash) may be mailed to the following address:

    University of South Carolina Beaufort
    Business Office
    One University Blvd
    Bluffton, SC 29909

  4. How do I appeal a parking ticket?
    You may appeal a fine by completing the USC Beaufort Parking Violation Appeal Form and submitting it to the Parking Appeals Committee through the Business Office.  The appeal must include a brief reason for the appeal of the fine. 
  5. What if I have car problems?
    If you experience car problems call the Public Safety Department  at 843-208-8911 (Bluffton), 843-812-8186 (Beaufort), or 843-208-4911 (Hilton Head Island) .  The Public Safety Department staff will be able to assist you by providing jumper cables to start your vehicle.  Towing must be arranged independently.  Public Safety Department personnel WILL NOT unlock vehicles or perform other vehicle work.
  6. Is it safe to walk on campus after dark?
    Parking lots and walk areas are well lit and are frequently patrolled by University Police.  The Public Safety Department offers security escorts to your vehicle.
  7. What is the Drug policy on campus?

    Student Code of Conduct

    The University of South Carolina, as a matter of policy, prohibits the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession or use of illegal drugs or controlled substances by University students as set forth in South Carolina Code of Laws, Section 44-53-110. 

    The University must maintain its primary function as a center of learning. At the same time, it must be clear that local, state and federal laws apply equally off campus as well as on campus.

    The University of South Carolina Beaufort recognizes that drug abuse is one of the major problems confronting our society.  Although the University recognizes the need for providing remedial services, it does not intend to shelter persons who violate state or federal drug or narcotics laws.

    University officials will assist and cooperate with law enforcement personnel as they perform their duties in controlling drug abuse. Students convicted of violating state or federal laws are subject to further disciplinary action by the University or in a court of law.

  8. What is the Alcohol Policy on campus?

    Student Code of Conduct

    The policies described below govern the student consumption of beer, wine and distilled spirits in or at any University owned or controlled facility. These policies are based on a concern for the welfare of all members of the University community and are in keeping with the laws of the State of South Carolina which state that the possession, consumption and distribution of alcoholic beverages by persons under the age of 21 is illegal.  

    As members of the University community, students are expected to comply with and abide by the policies and guidelines as stated below, as well as the laws of the State of South Carolina. Information on South Carolina Alcohol Beverage Laws are listed below. These policies are subject to change to comply with new local, state or federal laws pertaining to the possession and consumption of beer, wine, or distilled  spirits.

    Distilled spirits.   The serving, consumption or possession of distilled spirits by students under 21 years of age is not permitted at any location on campus.

    Beer and wine.   Possession and consumption of beer and wine is limited to those persons 21 years of age or more.

  9. What do I do if I am a victim of sexual assault?
    In case of rape or sexual offense at any of our campus locations, a student should first contact USC Beaufort Police Department through the 24 hour line at 843-208-8911.  The Rape Crisis Center of the Lowcountry at 1-800-637-RAPE or the 24 hour Crisis Line for Citizens Opposed to Domestic Abuse (CODA) at 843-770-1070 or toll free at 1-800-868-2632,  are also available for contact.  The Provost Marshal's Office should be notified of any sexual assault that occurs on the respective military bases. In the case of a sex offense, one should preserve as much of the evidence as possible to prove there was a sexual assault.

    USC Beaufort provides information and materials on the awareness of  sexual assault through the use of special programs, University 101 classes, and pamphlets which are available to students. The local Rape Crisis Center and CODA can be used as a referral agency.

    Any student who experiences a sexual assault from anyone associated with the University community should follow the procedures as outlined in the Student Code of Conduct and the Policy for non-academic grievances.

  10. How do I know if my classes have been canceled during hazardous weather?
    USCB will make every effort to avoid the cancellation of classes due to inclement weather. However, when circumstances make it necessary to cancel classes, WYKZ 98.7 FM radio station will broadcast announcements of class cancellations due to inclement weather.  USCB will have severe weather update messages on this website and through campus notification systems to include text messages, email and official social media platforms.

    Public Safety Department personnel will assist housing personnel with the safe evacuation of campus facilities. Students living on campus will be provided advanced notice for hurricane evacuation and  travel routes will be identified by state officials in accordance with evacuation protocols.  Evacuation alerts will be posted on this site as they are declared by state and local governments.

  11. Where is the lost and found?
    The information desk at both campuses serve as the first point of contact for lost and found items.  Found objects of value are turned over to Public Safety and students have 90 days from initial found date to claim a lost item.