Accessibility Services Test Proctoring
Testing Center Policies and Procedures – Spring 2021
- Testing Center hours:
M, W, F: 9 am -1 pm and T, Th: 1 pm - 5 pm.
Hours are subject to change.
- Testing center for Spring 2021 will ONLY be open for students registered with Accessibility Services that have testing accommodations and are taking face-to-face classes.
- If there are extenuating circumstances in a hybrid or online/remote course, the instructor should contact Accessibility Services at email@example.com to discuss.
- Students living and taking face-to-face classes on the Beaufort campus will follow the same sign-up process and can be proctored virtually via Zoom or Teams.
- If student does not show for their appointment or requests to change their appointment, they will be referred back to the instructor.
- The timer starts at student's appointment time. If student is late, that time is not added back. If student is more than 20 minutes late, their apointment is cancelled, instructor is notified, and student is referred back to the instructor to discuss their options.
- For LATE requests, we will apply the TIME, SPACE, and EXAM approach. If we have the time to coordinate, the space to accommodate and can get the exam, we will work with instructor and student on these requests.
- Testing sessions will be video recorded. If proctor suspects student might be in violation of the USCB Academic Honor Code, instructor will be notified via email, and the video will be included. Student will complete the test.
- Student must complete a Student Conduct Agreement each year prior to testing in the testing center.
- Testing Center and COVID-19: clean your space when you enter the testing room.
Steps to sign-up to test in USCB Testing Center
- Student should complete Student Request for Proctoring and ask Instructor to complete the Instructor Portion of the Request for Proctoring.
- Student and instructor should complete their forms at least 5 days prior to test date.
- Accessibility Services will schedule date/time for student to test. We will attempt to schedule the appointment as close to the class test date/time as possible.
- Accessibility Services will email student and instructor the appointment date/time.
- Instructor will email the test to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to appointment.
- Accessibility Services will email the completed test back to the instructor at the end of business the day of the appointment.
Testing Center Student Conduct Agreement
- All students registered with Accessibility Services will sign a Student Conduct Agreement each year.
- Student is required to present USCB ID (or government-issued photo ID) each time they test.
- Backpacks, purses, bags, cell phones, smart watches, electronic devices, hats, hoodies, coats, jackets and scarves are not allowed in the testing room. If you arrive in the testing center with any of the above items, you will be instructed to leave them in Office 221 with the test proctor. USCB is not responsible for personal items brought into the testing center.
- No food is allowed in the testing room.
- The only beverage allowed is water in a clear bottle with the label removed.
- All electronic devices are strictly prohibited. This includes cell phones, smart watches, ear pieces, laptops and any other electronic devices.
- Restroom breaks are not permitted during a test. Please make a restroom stop before you come to the testing center.
- The testing timer starts at the time you are scheduled to test. If you are late, that time is not added back. If you are more than 20 minutes late, your appointment is cancelled, instructor is notified and you are referred back to the instructor to discuss your options.
- You will be monitored while taking your exam, and the entire test session will be video recorded. If proctor suspects you might be in violation of testing center policies or USCB Academic Honor Code, the instructor will be notified via email, and the video of your testing session will be included.
Day of Testing
- Arrive at Office 221, second floor of the library on the Bluffton campus a few minutes prior to your testing appointment
- Bring your USCB ID or other government-issued photo ID