USCB: Your Home Away From Home
Virtual Apartment Tour
New Student Options
All new students are required to live on campus unless eligible for an exemption based on one or more of the following reasons. Please read the options carefully and choose the option that best applies to your situation.
If you submit an exemption request, please include all required documentation. Incomplete requests will not be approved until all supporting documentation is provided.
- Students who plan to live with their parents or guardian in their permanent address
and live within 50 miles of the USCB Bluffton campus, verified with a statement from
parent or guardian and copy of a utility bill with parent's or guardian's name and
NOTE: (Students who live within 50 miles of the Beaufort campus must show that the majority of their classes are located on the Beaufort campus to qualify. Students can submit their class schedule after Orientation.)
- Students who have completed 2 or more semesters of full-time post-secondary education
NOTE: 2 summer sessions are equal to one semester
- Students who are married, verified with a certified copy of the marriage certificate
- Students who have dependents or legal guardianship of a sibling(s)
- Students whose medical conditions require special housing that cannot be provided by the university, verified with a statement from an attending physician
- Students who are over the age of 21, as verified with a driver's license
Please click here to access and complete the Housing Exemption Form.
If you have any questions regarding the exemption process, please contact Housing at (843) 208-8722 or email@example.com
|January 15||Fall Housing Application Available|
|April 15||Priority Deadline to be guaranteed a single room and to participate in Online Room Selection|
|June 1 by 5:00 pm||Last day to cancel housing application and receive $100 application fee refund|
|August 15||MOVE IN DAY!|
|August 18 - August 21||Welcome Week Activities|
|August 18||Last day to cancel housing application without any penalties (no refunds available). Any application cancellations after this date will be charged a 25% cancellation fee|
|August 19||First day of classes!|
Move In Day information is emailed to students who will live on the Bluffton and Beaufort campuses and their families before the start of each new semester. USCB's Welcome Guide, a guide to living in student housing, is found below.