USCB: Your Home Away From Home
Virtual Apartment Tour
New Student Options
All new students are required to live on campus unless eligible for an exemption based on one or more of the following reasons. Please read the options carefully and choose the option that best applies to your situation.
If you submit an exemption request, please include all required documentation. Incomplete requests will not be approved until all supporting documentation is provided.
- Students who plan to live with their parents or guardian in their permanent address
and live within 50 miles of the USCB Bluffton campus, verified with a statement from
parent or guardian and copy of a utility bill with parent's or guardian's name and
NOTE: (Students who live within 50 miles of the Beaufort campus must show that the majority of their classes are located on the Beaufort campus to qualify. Students can submit their class schedule after Orientation.)
- Students who have completed 2 or more semesters of full-time post-secondary education
NOTE: 2 summer sessions are equal to one semester
- Students who are married, verified with a certified copy of the marriage certificate
- Students who have dependents or legal guardianship of a sibling(s)
- Students whose medical conditions require special housing that cannot be provided by the university, verified with a statement from an attending physician
- Students who are over the age of 21, as verified with a driver's license
To access the Housing Exemption Form, please follow the steps below:
- Visit the USCB StarRez portal here
- Select the login tab in the upper right corner of the home page
- Use the "USCB Student Login" tab to enter your Network ID & Password
- Select "Exempt Housing" and utlize the drop down menu to find the Housing Exemption Request 2022-2023 digital form.
If you have any questions regarding the exemption process, please contact Housing at (843) 208-8722 or email@example.com
|January 15, 2022||Fall Housing Application Available|
|June 1, 2022 by 5:00 pm||Last day to cancel housing application and receive $100 application fee refund|
|August 13, 2022||Last day to cancel housing application without any penalties (no refunds available). Any application cancellations after this date will be charged a $1,000 cancellation fee.|
|August 14, 2022||MOVE IN DAY!|
|August 15 - August 19, 2022||Welcome Week Activities|
|August 18, 2022||First day of classes!|
Move In Day information is emailed to students who will live on the Bluffton and Beaufort campuses and their families before the start of each new semester. USCB's Welcome Guide, a guide to living in student housing, is found below.